Duties and Tasks
- The Post will see the officer work out current and future IT needs by consulting with people at all levels about the current work systems and deciding how improvements could be made.
- Analyse the information needs of an organisation and develop technological solutions to satisfy those needs
- Prepare or direct IT policy and plan strategy development
- Direct activities to select and install major IT facilities
- Oversee the provision of training for users and clients
- Direct the integration of IT operations, computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software applications and data processing
- Work out priorities for systems developments, maintenance and operations
- Control the security aspects of IT systems
- Provide advice to other senior managers and boards on IT issues and planning.
- to organise each individual project from initiation to its successful closure
- evaluate and deliver project methodologies and standards
- govern each individual project
- evaluate and deliver a sound management scope
- ventilate the work structure
- manage risks and issues
- manage, evaluate and deliver quality service
- evaluate the project progress and make reports of the same
- successfully close each individual project.
- have aptitude for leadership
- be able to influence peers, clients and suppliers
- be able to explain complex concepts clearly
- be able to work out and address clients' needs
- be able to accept a significant level of responsibility and accountability.
- A Masters Degree in ICT from a recognised university.
- At least one(1) year’s experience in a reputable organisation in same capacity.
- French and/or Arabic as a foreign language will be an added advantage.
Short listed candidates will be contacted by mail and by telephone afterwards.
If you are not contacted by the 20th day of December 2009, consider your application unsuccessful.