The World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) is supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), generates science-based knowledge about the complex role that trees play in agricultural landscapes, and uses its research to ensure that policies and practices benefit the poor and the environment. Our vision is an 'agroforestry transformation' in the developing world—a massive increase in the use of trees on landscapes by smallholder rural households to ensure security in food, nutrition, income, health, shelter and energy, and a regenerated environment. Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, the World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) conducts research in 23 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
The World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) is recruiting for the position of Assistant Travel and Conferences Officer to be based at its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide assistance in travel logistics services i.e. ticketing, visas, transit arrangements, hotel bookings and travel advisories, to all ICRAF staff and hosted institutions for whom ICRAF provides these services.
- Assist in coordinating logistics for conferences and symposia organized by ICRAF and Hosted institutions.
- Booking of the centres’ meeting venues and conference equipment to ensure optimal provision of services.
- Provide support for functions as requested.
Minimum qualification and experience
- Diploma in administration and travel related studies;
- Three (3) years relevant experience;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Good analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Good command of both written and spoken English;
- Working knowledge of IATA travel soft wares.
- Excellent computer knowledge of Microsoft Office
ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment. The position is on local terms and will be for an initial period of three (3) years, renewable subject to six (6) months probation period, assessment of performance, continued relevance of the position and availability of resources. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications, competencies and skills together with a detailed curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees. All correspondence should be addressed to the Human Resources Unit, World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF), P.O. Box 30677, Nairobi, Kenya OR via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered until 09th April 2009 and should indicate “Application for Travel, Visitors & Conferences Officer” on their application letters and email submissions.
Only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
We invite you to learn more about ICRAF by accessing our web site: http://www.