OWN & Associates is a limited company registered in Kenya under the Companies Act. Its goal is to support, through technical assistance, policy research and analysis, initiatives and interventions which seek to enhance and promote sustainable development of nations in the Sub-Saharan African region.
In partnership with ActionAid (UK), ActionAid Kenya, OWN & Associates has won a research grant from the Big Lottery Fun'i (UK) to carry out research, to Stop Violence against Girls in School in Wenje Division of Tana River District (Kenya) fora period of five years.
We are therefore seeking to recruit a Research Coordinator for the project, who will work closely with its research team to undertake action research and documentation to enhance local, national, regional and global effort to eradicate Violence against Girls in School.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing research studies to capture, document, share experiences and lessons emerging from the research and development process;
- Organizing and facilitating training of research assistants in data collection procedures;
- Providing leadership in the research process, data analysis, report writing and dissemination of the findings to the various stakeholders;
- Strengthening capacities of various communities in the understanding and utilization of research outcomes; and
- The preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual project progress reports.
This position requires:
- A minimum of a Master's degree in social sciences with at least 5 years hands on experience in participatory action research, research management, documentation and communication as well as on issues relating to gender violence.
- Experience in planning and undertaking base-line research and longitudinal studies
- Strong facilitation, training, participatory learner-centred methods, analytical and report writing skills, leadership and organizational and management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills and experience in working with children
- Commitment to human/children's rights and an understanding of rights-based approaches ; and
- Ability to spend sufficient time working in the field and fluency in the local language/s will be an added advantage.
OWN & Associates Ltd.
Centre for Research and Development
P. O. Box 67462 00200 City Square