East African Cables is a public quoted company and a leading manufacturer of electrical cables and conductors and distributor of data and telecommunication cables and accessories for the East and Central Africa region. We wish to recruit qualified, self-driven and result-oriented individuals to fill the following positions:-
COMMERCIAL MANAGER: - CM/HR/10/08
Reporting to the CEO, the Commercial Manager will be responsible for formulating and implementing marketing, sales and customer relations strategies in order to increase the organization's market share by:
- Developing, negotiating and nurturing strategic partnerships to enhance the company's competitive position.
- Formulating sales, PR and marketing plans and strategies to develop market share and sales revenue.
- Steering market research and intelligence for product and market development
- Developing both local and export markets & ensuring high level of company visibility in the market.
- Implementing and sustaining quality management systems based on ISO standards
- Preparing department budget and ensuring they are adhered to.
- Setting targets for staff in the department and assessing their performance to ensure targets are achieved.
- Ensuring all round management and development of human resources in the
- Energetic "can do" attitude to work with ability to motivate co-workers
- A Bachelor's degree in a business related field preferably business administration/sales and marketing. An MBA is an added advantage. A Postgraduate diploma in Marketing (CIM) or Business Management & Administration
- 10 years relevant working experience, three of which must be at a senior management level preferably in a manufacturing environment. Experience in an electrical field will be an added advantage
- The ideal candidate must possess strong analytical, management and negotiation skills coupled with good communication, report writing, excellent interpersonal skills and proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- The applicant must display a proven record of strategy formulation and results.
- He/She should preferably be a member of a professional body.
Reporting to the CEO, the Security Officer will be responsible for developing and implementing security policies and procedures within the group companies. His/Her overall responsibility will therefore be protection and detection of crime, investigations, overseeing and directing all aspects of security.
Key responsibilities will include:-
- Develop and implement security policies, procedures, and enforce compliance
- Orient all staff on security procedures and conduct security awareness programs
- Plan, coordinate and direct activities relating to asset movement
- Monitor, analyze and implement security risk assessment
- Investigate all security incidences and liaise with other security agencies on the same. These include thefts, frauds and any form of security breach
- Develop and recommend new procedures and approaches to loss prevention based on reports of incidents, and other relevant information
- Prepare monthly reports on security
- Carryout continuous appraisals on matters of investigations and security and provide advice to the CEO
- A University graduate or equivalent qualification.
- A background from the discipline forces with proven knowledge of crime or fraud detection
- At least 10 years experience in security management and law enforcement procedures
- A Certificate of good conduct and letter of discharge from previous employer.
- Must be computer literate
- Age 40 - 45 years
- The ideal candidate must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent interpersonal, communication and managerial skills, ability to work odd/irregular hours.
Human Resource Manager
East African Cables Ltd
P.O Box 18243 00500
Email hr @ eacables.com
Email Applications are strongly encouraged.