This is a Local Agent position in Grade I.
The jobholder will contribute to the design and management of the EU programmes in support of poverty reduction through the development of economic cooperation programmes particularly in the areas of trade and private sector.
- Active follow-up of policy and strategy developments in the filed of trade and private sector development, including tourism and contributing to policy dialogue with key stakeholders;
- Preparation of reports and briefings on trade and private sector development, project progress reports;
- Operational support for EU programmes in support of the trade and private sector, including tourism;
- Participation in the various working and coordination donor groups/technical Sub-Groups;
- Coordination with donors and relevant stakeholders in the sectors and areas outlined above;
- Support for the preparation, appraisal, implementation and evaluation of EU support in the areas/sectors above.
- University degree in Economics, Business Administration and /or another closely related discipline;
- At least 5 years working experience in Economic/Trade/Private Sector analysis and planning or a closely related field; of which 2 years in International Office Environment
- Good knowledge of trade and private sector development methodologies and practices as well as prior experience of contractual management and monitoring of development projects/programmes and Project Cycle approach;
- Good knowledge of administrative and financial management of development programmes and/or donor funded projects/programmes;
- Excellent knowledge of English (working language) , French will be an asset;
- Good IT skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication and good presentation skills and ability to develop and maintain networks of contacts;
- Proven ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, national counterparts, donor agencies, other stakeholders and ability to adapt well in a multi-cultural environment;
- Proven analytical capacity, ability to identify needs and constraints, to set priorities and translate them into action; capacity to pursue solution oriented approach;
- Personal initiative and ability to work independently, to focus on priorities, to monitor and evaluate progress and to meet deadlines;
- Open, flexible personality; able to motivate and be a team player;
- Ability to focus on priorities, to monitor and evaluate progress and to meet deadlines;
- A high degree of integrity and the ability to deal with confidential information is required.
The contract is for an unlimited duration with provident and medical cover, subject to a six month probationary period.
Applications and detailed CV’s of interested candidates should reach the Delegation latest by 08 February 2010, 16hrs00 and should be addressed as follows:
The Head of Administration,
European Union Delegation to the Republic of Kenya,
Union Insurance House, Ragati Road,
P.O. Box 45119, 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
Only Short-listed Candidates will be contacted