The College wishes to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the following vacancy
Procurement Officer I
One (1) Post
Salary Scale: Ksh 29,050 X 1453 – 30,503 X 1525 – 32,028 X 1601– 33,629 X 1682 – 35,311 X 1766 – 39,344
Job Ref: BAC/PRO/01/10
Reporting to the Registrar, the Procurement Officer I will be responsible for the effective planning and coordination of procurement activities in the college including ordering, delivery, storage and timely distribution of goods and services to the end-users.
Furthermore, the officer will be responsible for the development and review of procurement policies, plans, strategies, and procedures in compliance with the Public Procurement and Disposal Act of 2005, Regulations of 2006 and the Public Procurement Oversight Authority guidelines.
The officer will also provide the college with technical advice on matters of procurement and secretarial services to the Tender Committee.
Qualifications and Experience
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: -
- Served as a Procurement Officer II for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- A degree in Procurement or any other related and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- a Professional diploma in Supplies Management (Final Stage) or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Public Procurement and Disposal Act of 2005 and Regulations of 2006;
- Membership of KISM/CIPS;
- Shown merit and ability in work performance and results;
- Good analytical and communication skills and
- Competence in computer skills.
The successful candidate will be employed on Permanent and Pensionable Terms.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV giving details of current position and remuneration in envelopes bearing Job Reference Number to the undersigned so as to reach him on or before 12th February, 2010.
Your CV must be backed up with copies of certificates and testimonials.
Bukura Agricultural College
P.O. Box 23-50105,
Email: bukcol @ gmail.com