Agricultural and Rural Development Programme (ARDP)
ARDP is an inter-Diocesan programme covering the larger districts of Nakuru, Baringo, Koibatek, Kericho, Buret and Bomet.
The programme aims at enhancing sustainable livelihoods of the resource poor farmer groups and communities through the promotion of sustainable agriculture and rural development through a participatory approach of ‘People Led Process’.
The programme has 6 staffs and several Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development (SARD) Promoters at community level.
Reporting to Diocesan Planning & Development Coordinator, the person will provide leadership to the ARDP team, coordinate implementation of Agricultural activities in both Dioceses (Nakuru & Kericho), and carry out Monitoring and Evaluation of projects in the programme.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out project development including proposal writing, planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Network with relevant government ministries, NGOs, project partners and other stakeholders.
- Supervise all staff of the programme and ensure highest standard of discipline is upheld.
- Implement set policies by the management
- Carry out community needs assessment and facilitate prioritization of their needs.
- Review programme staff duties, set performance standards and targets, and appraise their performance
- MSc. Degree in Agricultural Economics & Extension Services or any other related course with atleast 2 years experience in relevant field OR
- BSc. Degree in Agricultural Economics & Extension Services or any other related course with atleast 5 years experience in relevant field
- Experience in project fund-raising, implementation, and community participatory approaches
- Management experience with knowledge of Participatory Planning, Monitoring &Evaluation.
- Good interpersonal skills, communication, & report writing skills
- Experience from interacting with NGO´s, funding agencies and government ministries would be an advantage
- Ability to work with people of varying cultures
- Must also have knowledge and experience in Sustainable Agriculture
- Must have a valid driving license
- Must have excellent computer skills
Human Resource Director
Catholic Diocese of Nakuru
P.O. Box 938 – 20100
or E-mail us: cdnhr @ yahoo.com
So as to be received by 12th February 2010.
Kindly indicate Current & Expected consolidated salary in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.