German Agro Action is implementing a Community Based DDR WASH project in Tana River District and is looking for qualified Community Mobilisers from the implementation area for a fixed term of 10 months.
To qualify for this position successful candidates will:
- Be a degree holder in social sciences / public health with a focus on sanitation or nutrition or related field.
- Community based interventions, preferably WASH interventions
- Recovery and rehabilitation approaches
- Targeting methods
- M&E methodology
- Community trainings (incl. hygiene promotion)
- Project reporting
- Be computer literate
- Be ambitious, honest, and self-motivated
- Be a team player, flexible and supporting high work pressure loads
- Have a minimum of 3 years of post qualification experience in a similar position
- Be willing to live and work in remote areas and with local communities
- Well spoken and written English and Swahili are required and language skills in one of the local languages (Orma, Wardei or Pokomo) is indispensable.
Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Detailed CV, copies of certificates and references should be sent in hard copy or via email no later than 5th December 2008 to:
Welthungerhilfe e.V. German Agro Action
Re.: KEN 1061B Community Mobiliser
P.O. Box 38829-00623
Nairobi / Kenya
gaatriver02 @ yahoo.com