This is a non-established position supported by the EAC Partnership Fund and the contract terms are limited to one (1) year with a possibility of renewal subject to performance and extension of funding.
Tourism and Wildlife Programme Assistant
Grade: General Staff Category (G5 Equivalent)
Reports to: Principal Tourism and Wildlife Officer
Organ/Institution: East African Community Secretariat
Duration of Contract: 1 Year Fixed Term
Station: EAC Secretariat, Arusha, Tanzania
Main Purpose of the Job:
- To assist the office of the Principal Tourism Officer in implementation of various Projects and Programmes in the department.
- To assist in organising/planning different consultation meetings.
- To assist in drafting contracts/agreements with consultants according to EAC formats.
- To assist in drafting TOR background papers fore relevant consultancies and meetings respectively.
- To assist in documenting/report writing on projects and programmes (quarterly, semi annually and annually)
- To follow up on Council Decisions data base and develop a Matrix of Implementation on regular basis.
- Assist in providing strategic guidance to Marketing Strategies.
- Provide updates on Projects and Programmes on Tourism and Wildlife.
- Assist to explore relevant research areas to enhance improvement of standards in the Hospitality Industry.
- Liaise with department of Information and Public Relations to update the Public on Tourism and Wildlife issues.
- Assist in development of project proposals and exploring funding opportunities for tourism development and Wildlife Management.
- Work in close collaboration with Tourism Marketing Assistant (TMA) in updating the EAC website on regular basis.
- Provide necessary guidance to TMA as found appropriate.
- Perform any other assignments as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelors degree or Higher Diploma in Tourism, Wildlife Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field of study.
- At least five (5) years relevant experience in the Tourism/Hospitality Industry,
- Good interpersonal skills, Computer literate, result oriented, good organisational skills, good oral and written communication skills.
Terms and Conditions of Service
This is a non-established position funded under the EAC Partnership whose contract terms are limited to a period of one (1) year, and may only be renewed subject to extension of funding.
Attractive consolidated remuneration packages for non-established fixed contract positions will be paid in accordance with the EAC regulations on short term staff contracts.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the reference number of the position applied for by registered mail, courier service, email (all soft copies should be in MS Word) or dispatch together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and day time telephone/ cell phone numbers to:
The Secretary General
East African Community
P.O. Box 1096
Fax No: +007 27 2504255/2504481
Email: eac @ eachq.org
To be received not later than 30th January 2010.
The East African Community is an equal opportunity employer; therefore female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. The East African Community will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
For more information, visit our website: http://www.eac.int