Duty Station: Dadaab
Position title: Field Worker – Counter Trafficking
Classification: Daily rate: Kes 2,000.00 per day
Duration of Appointment: One month renewable
Under the overall supervision of the TICAD Project Manager, under the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (Dadaab), and under technical supervision of the Project Officer – Counter Trafficking and under the direct supervision of the Project Assistant – Counter trafficking, the incumbent will assist in implementing the activities of the Counter Trafficking project in Dadaab.
- Organize and arrange meetings with Chiefs, elders, religious leaders to discuss outreach activities and distribution of materials in select communities and accessing local populations for community awareness raising events.
- Assists in conducting Pet groups training.
- Assists in organizing and translation in the CT training to partner NGOs, local child protection team and law enforcement on victim identification and protection
- Record referrals and attend working community meetings
- Acts as a Liaison person for community work and undertakes field work.
- Submits report on status of activities being implemented.
- Performs any other duties that may be required from time to time.
- Graduate of Secondary Education (form 4). Diploma in social sciences, social work and community services, development studies or other relevant fields, desirable.
- At least 1 year experience in conducting awareness raising campaigns in Kenya.
- Previous awareness raising work with NGOs an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, ability to work independently with minimum of supervision, ability to work within a culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Kiswahili. Fluent in Somali language and able to translation Somalia language to Kiswahili or English.
Submit Cover letter and CV including daytime telephone and email contacts to:-
The International Organization for Migration,
Human Resources Department,
P.O. Box 55040 – 00200, Nairobi
OR send by e-mail to HRNairobi@iom.int
Closing Date: 23 July 2010