The Kenya Catholic Secretariat is looking for a Position of HIV/AIDS Program Manager. This position exists to build the capacity of KEC and the Catholic Health Commission in oversight of Clinical HIV/AIDS programs and to improve the profile of KEC HIV&AIDS services.
This position exists to build the capacity of KEC and the Catholic Health Commission in oversight of Clinical HIV/AIDS programs, particularly the AIDSRelief Program, and to improve the profile of KEC HIV&AIDS clinical services within the Catholic Health network
Unit/Dept: Catholic Health Commission of Kenya-(KEC)
Reports to: National Executive Secretary, Catholic Health Commission of Kenya-(KEC).
AIDS Relief Program
Participates with the relevant Consortium Member, in Clinical technical assistance activities including Site Visits, Training and Mentorship activities.
Maintains open lines of communication with local partner treatment health facilities and relevant Consortium Members.
Travels to project sites with Consortium Members regularly to provide on-site reviews and performance monitoring of clinical targets.
Participates in Clinical project evaluations and assessments including dashboard reviews and site assessments.
Participates in the planning and facilitation of technical workshops for HIV&AIDS Clinical skills capacity building.
Represents KEC in AIDS Relief program meetings including Technical Assistance Team Meetings, Sustainability Working Group Meetings and Regional TA Meetings.
Provides assistance to Catholic health facilities to assess readiness to initiate HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Treatment programs.
Ensures that project activities in Catholic Health Facilities comply with national guidelines and policies.
Represents the AIDS Relief Program and KEC in HIV&AIDS stakeholder forums at NACC and NASCOP including the HIV&AIDS ICC, TB ICC
Catholic Health Commission
Participates in Support Supervision Activities for the Catholic Health Commission within the Dioceses
Represents KEC at Health Stakeholder forums
Makes recommendations to the National Executive Secretary for improvement of HIV&AIDS Services
Terms and Conditions of Service
1. Gross Salary: Ksh170,000 monthly
2. Employee Pension Contribution: 5%of Gross
3. Employer Pension Contribution: 5%of Gross Salary
4. NSSF: Ksh 200 monthly
5. NHIF: Ksh 320 monthly
6. Medical: Ksh 50,000
7. Group Personal Accident Insurance: Ksh 20,000
8. Lunch: Ksh 200/day
9. Catering and Housekeeping: Ksh 1500 monthly
10. IT Service Charges: Ksh 1000 monthly
1. A committed Catholic with a recommendation from his/her parish priest
2. Medical Doctor with a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine
3. Masters Degree in Medicine or Public Health
4. Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and general computer proficiency)
5. 3 years experience in HIV/AIDS Programming
6. Experience in implementing US Government-funded projects an added advantage
7. Knowledge of the Kenyan health sector-strategies and policies a must.
8. Proven effective representation skills to varied stakeholders.
9. Ability to work both independently, and as member of diverse task teams.
10. Proven interpersonal, leadership, and training/mentoring skills.
11. Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training
12. Experience in building the capacity of a team through both supervisory and non-supervisory relationships.
13. Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
14. Willingness to travel 50% of the time within Kenya, often under difficult circumstances.
15. Professional proficiency in English, Kiswahili, and other Kenyan languages
Please send your application to the address below:
Kenya Episcopal Conference-Catholic Secretariat
Waumini House, 4th Floor
email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Send in your application by: Mon, Aug 02, 2010