Ref: ASO 8/10
Reporting to the Chief Internal Auditor the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Receiving, checking and analyzing internal controls, operational policies and procedures
- Identifying possible risks and making recommendations
- Carrying out related investigations
- Reviewing of internal controls and procedures to ensure the Commission’s operations are well coordinated.
- Identify and advice on implementation of relevant and effective internal controls.
- Overseeing stock takes and write-offs as well as conducting surprise checks
- Monitoring implementation status of past audit recommendations
- Assist in formulation of management policies, procedures and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Computer science, Economics or Mathematics.
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K)
- Five years auditing experience in reputable manufacturing industry.
- Certified information systems auditor (CISA)/Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) will be an added advantage
- Attended a senior Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks in a recognized institution will also be an added advantage.
- High integrity
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Computer literate and familiar with standard applications.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory and competence as reflected in work performance and results.
- Good report writing skills
Reference number should dearly be indicated on the envelope.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing directly or indirectly will lead to automatic disqualification.
Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
The Managing Commissioner
Kenya Meat Commission
P.O. Box 2
To reach the above not later than September 28, 2010