Its mission is to improve the quality of science, technology, and innovation research, policy and practice for sustainable development in Africa.
ATPS is seeking to recruit an Accounts Intern to be based at its secretariat in Nairobi, Kenya:
- Verify payments requests and prepare payment vouchers;
- Initiate month end or period end closing activities and post Journal Vouchers;
- Update the cashbook daily and analyze receipts and payments for posting to the general ledger;
- Reconcile the bank & cashbook balances and other general ledger accounts every month;
- Update the Fixed Assets Register and process the depreciation journal every month;
- Ensure internal control procedures are adhered to for all cash disbursements, receipts and transfers;.
- Allocate expenses in Pastel Systems to respective donors and grants;
- Process staffs’ travel expenses statements and conference participants’ travel expense statements;
- Type, or otherwise prepare documents generated by the Finance & Administration Manager and distribute them accordingly;
- Distributes internal correspondence and documentation;
- Maintaining records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating and destruction;
- Monitor the supply of materials in the office, including stationery and replenish them from time to time as required;
- Operate office equipment such as photocopier, fax machine, and coordinates the servicing of office equipments and motor vehicles;
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for meetings and workshops;
- Assist in the procurement process for goods and services by obtaining quotations and make follow ups to ensure the goods or services ordered for are received in time;
- Draft correspondence for Finance and Administration head concerning the programs areas and other general correspondence;
- Maintains personnel records such as leave, NHIF, Medical and Insurance etc;
- Provides secretarial services to the Finance & Administration Manager;
- Front desk support and assist visitors on arrival and direct them to relevant offices;
- Maintaining internal directory, correspondence and documentation;
- Coordinating package shipping and incoming mail deliveries;
- Maintaining telephone calls register on daily basis;
- A Student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in commerce, accounting, business administration or related.
- ACCA or CPA qualifications. At least section four or equivalent;
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computerised Accountant, Knowledge of Pastel and spread sheets will be an added advantage
African Technology Policy Studies Network (ATPS)
3rd Floor, The Chancery Building, Valley Road
P.O. Box 10081-00100 GPO, Nairobi, Kenya