We wish to urgently recruit a highly competent, proactive and self-driven person to fill the following position within our organization.
National Food Security Coordinator
Purpose of the positions:
- To provide overall leadership and coordination of the food security sector in quality assurance, staff & community capacity building, technical support, engagement & networking all aimed at achieving well designed, integrated and sustainable food security.
- Annually update the WVK food security strategy ensuring that it is in harmony with the National Office strategy and the Kenya's National Food Security and Nutrition Policy;
- Prepare/revise guidelines for implementation of Food Security Projects in different areas;
- Support in ensuring quality (re)-design for Food Security projects, Annual Operation Plans (AOPs), proposals and concepts as per LEAP guidelines and other standards;
- Conduct periodic capacity assessments and based on the findings, build staff, community and organizational capacity in quality food security programming and re-sourcing with potential donors;
- Facilitate Integrated Program Areas to develop high quality (best practices) food security projects;
- Provide technical support in the implementation of all Food Security/livelihood activities;
- Facilitate the transition of all relief and rehabilitation projects into developmental oriented food security projects while ensuring their sustainability;
- Establish contacts with both individual and government donors for resource acquisition for multi-year and multi sectoral food security programs;
- Make deliberate efforts to establish contacts with government line ministries and institutes, UN Agencies and NGOs dealing with Food security to identify areas of possible collaboration, funding and technology transfer;
- Ensure high profile representation of WVK in National and International food security related fora.
- Educational requirements: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field from a recognized University. An advanced degree is preferred;
- Experience: A minimum of 7 years experience in designing, planning, implementing, supervising and reporting on integrated development, relief and/or advocacy projects. At least 3 of these years should be at managerial level;
- Must have both an extensive conceptual understanding of and demonstrated practical command for implementing program design, management and evaluation principals;
- The holder of this position must be a results orientated leader who can manage and satisfy multiple and at times conflicting organizational, donoi»and other stakeholder demands;
- Strong commitment to WV Values, Mission and Vision.
Please indicate clearly on the envelope or on the subject line "National Food Security Coordinator". (Only short-listed candidates will be contacted).
Director, People & Culture
World Vision Kenya
P. 0. Box 50816 (00200), Nairobi
Or E-mail: recruit_kenya @ wvi.org
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children. Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse offenses. World Vision is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our vision for every child, Life in all its fullness, Our prayer for every heart, The will to make it so.