Position: Project Area Coordinator
Location: Yei, with frequent travels in South Sudan
Reports to: Regional Area Supervisor
Closing Date: 28th-Sep-2009
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization, operating in more than 60 developing countries. PSI creates demand for essential health products and services by using private sector marketing techniques and innovative communications campaigns to motivate positive changes in health behavior. On the supply side, PSI works with the commercial sector to increase the availability of these products and services at prices which are affordable to at-risk populations. With a bottom-line orientation that is rare among non-profits, PSI social markets products and services for family planning, maternal and child health, and the prevention of AIDS, malaria and other diseases. For more information, please visit: www.psi.org.
- Investigate and identify hot spots and prime locations for promotion activities
- With Promotions Officers and COOs, create weekly, monthly and quarterly work plans including large and small promotions and events in interactive games, activities, and events promoting PSI’s brands
- Supervise and monitor performance of Promotions Officers and COOs to ensure quality of activities and targets are met.
- Conduct consultations with key stakeholders in selected intervention sites and assist in identifying key behavior change communication messages for promoting PSI brands
- Coordinate M&E for project activities; ensure accurate, timely completion of reporting forms by Promotions Officers, COOs and Sales.
- Provide recommendations to Regional Area Supervisor and Program departments on ways to increase the visibility of PSI’s brands.
- Attend interdepartmental meetings with sales and programs
- Represent PSI at various HIV/AIDS forums including SSAC and MoH
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain accurate reports of all activities including peer education and sales.
- Write and submit monthly narrative and quantitative activities report to the HIV and MCH department heads, including success stories and photos
- Meet weekly and monthly targets for people reached with promotions messages as specified by donors.
- Sudanese National only
- Advanced Diploma in Social Sciences or Business Administration, degree will be added advantage
- 2-5 years experience in a similar support function; NGO experience will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Good information systems skills
- Strong team player with high integrity
- Ability to work in a challenging environment
- Computer proficient such as MS, Power point, Excel
The successful candidate will be a creative and innovative thinker and will have excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills; interpersonal and cross-cultural skills; a proven ability to produce results in difficult circumstances; and the ability to work efficiently and quickly under pressure.
Interested candidates may apply via email with a copy of their CV, cover letter and list of referees to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit applications in hard copy to PSI Yei Office (Hai Nyakama) .
Closing date for applications is 17:30hrs on September 28th-, 2009.