AFRICAN POPULATION AND HEALTH RESEARCH CENTER
Promoting the well-being of Africans through policy-relevant research on population and health
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that carries out policy relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa. The Center seeks to recruit a Research Officer to work in its Education Research Program (ERP).
The overall purpose of the job is to participate in the design and implementation of the ERP research projects.
- Coordination of data collection, analysis, and dissemination activities
- Participation in community mobilization
- Liaison with various government agencies and partner organizations
- Assisting in writing scientific papers including literature review
- Preparing project reports and policy briefs
- MA, MSc, MEd in Economics, Education Planning or Administration
- Experience in program design, implementation, coordination
- Familiarity and experience with social science/health research protocol
- Good computer literacy
- Excellent monitoring and evaluation and report writing skills
- Knowledge of multiple statistical/qualitative software packages.
- Evidence of scientific writing (e.g publication in journals)
- Experience of working in urban slum settings
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, juggle tasks, meet deadlines
- Initiative and innovation in assessing situations, conflict resolution, team building
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
Please apply enclosing a detailed CV, quoting current and expected salary and providing contact details of three referees (at least one of whom must be a current/former employer) to the address below by September 23, 2009. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please indicate the position you are applying for on the envelop or on the subject line for those applying by email (email@example.com).
The Human Resources Manager
African Population and Health Research Center
P.O. Box 10787-00100 GPO, Nairobi