To meet growing demand for its services, the Institute invites qualified, experienced and dynamic candidates to fill the following positions in our Productive Sector and Infrastructure & Economic Services Divisions.
Economists in Infrastructure & Economic Services
Vacancies available are for Senior Analyst (1), Analyst (1) and Assistant Analyst (1).
(Ref. No. IESD/SAA/04/09)
Candidates applying for the Senior Analyst/Analyst position must have a PhD in Energy or Transport or Construction or Housing Economics (or in Economics but with research experience in any of the above areas) or a Masters degree from a recognized university with at least five years experience for the Analyst position.
For the Senior Analyst position, the successful candidate, will in addition to the PhD, have at least three (3) years of relevant post graduation experience.
(Ref. No. IESD/AA/05/09)
Candidates applying for the Assistant Analyst position must have a Masters degree from a recognized university and evidence of some research interest (or experience) in energy or transport or construction or housing or related areas with at least 3 years’ work experience in policy research.
Economists in Productive Sector Division
The vacancies available are (i) Analyst (3) and (ii) Assistant Analyst (2).
(Ref. No. PSD/A/06/09)
Candidates applying for this position must have a PhD in Economics (or related disciplines) or postgraduate degree (MA or MSc) in Economics (or related disciplines) from a recognized university with specialization in agricultural economics or trade economics or environmental economics with at least 5 years’ work experience.
(Ref. No. PSD/A/07/09)
Candidates applying for this position must have a Masters degree from a recognized university and evidence of some research interest (or experience) in agricultural economics or trade economics or environmental economics with at least 5 years’ work experience.
For all above positions, candidates should have a demonstrated track record of publication.
Candidates should be currently active in carrying out research in the areas applied for.
They should be equipped with quantitative skills to collect, input and analyze both primary and secondary data. The candidates should also have necessary skills to supervise research in their areas of specialization.
The candidates are also required to have:
- Excellent written, analytical, and quantitative skills;
- Strong ability to communicate technical details to technical audiences but also lay audiences and the news media;
- Ability to initiate research projects and balance multiple concurrent projects;
- Ability to work independently and in teams; and
- Strong drive and commitment to integrity and excellence.
The key responsibilities of analysts include the following:
- Researching on and monitoring socio-economic and public policy developments that affect Kenya;
- Preparing analytical reports, briefing papers, policy briefs, journal articles, and other papers as short-term responses to and long-term frameworks for the development of the country;
- Providing information and technical assistance to the Institute’s various constituencies about impacts of existing and proposed public policies and programs; and
- Mentoring and building the capacity of junior researchers and stakeholders in the public policy process.
The Institute offers competitive terms and conditions of employment, and an attractive environment for research.
Successful candidates will be employed on a 3-year contract, renewable on the basis of performance.
Interested candidates are invited to submit an application letter indicating reference number of position applied for on both letter and envelope, copy of updated/detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, current and expected salary, names and contacts (telephone and e-mail) of three (3) professional referees who are familiar with the candidate’s qualifications and work experience to:
The Executive Director,
Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis,
Bishops Garden Towers, 2nd Floor, Bishops Road,
P.O. Box 56445-00200, City Square, Nairobi.
Email: admin @ kippra.or.ke
Applications should reach not later than 21st September 2009.