MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need.
At present, MSFCH operates in four project locations in Somalia: Belet Weyne, Dinsor, Hawa Abdi, and Afgoi.
Location: Nairobi with possibility of field visit to the projects.
Start date: April 2010
Type of contract: 12 months fixed term contract
Scope of responsibilities: The role of the Finance Manager is that of head of accounting for the MSF CH mission managed from Nairobi:
- Responsible for quality and timely accounting for the mission: paper accounting, electronic data-entry, consolidation of fields & capital journals, monthly closing process and documents;
- Ensure compliance to MSF guidelines, standards, policies and procedures for the mission: especially purchasing, validation, payment procedures. Ensure strict respect of deadlines, encoding rules, budget lines;
- Technical reference for accounting: feedback, support, training, management of finance staff (assistants, accountants, cashiers) both in capital and in the field;
- Production of consolidated financial documents: draft monthly budget follow-up and monthly cash request, participate to budget design and revision.
- University Degree in Accounting, Auditing, Finance or business administration from a recognized university
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPA-K) preferred
- Demonstrated skills in budget control / monitoring performance
- Experience in an Audit Department a strong advantage
- Managerial skills
- Able to train / coach finance staff
- Excellent computer skills – Excel, Word, E-mail and Internet
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Organized, methodical and accurate
- Able to work to strict deadlines and under pressure.
- Integrity, discrete and honest.
- Good team player.
- Motivated with a demonstrated ability to adapt to new working methods.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
All applicants should send a detailed CV (2 referent persons), copy of diploma and letter of motivation to:-
Human Recourse Manager
P. O. Box 25091 -00603,
Application deadline: 15th of April 2010
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.