Following restructuring of our client's organisation, they now seek to recruit a Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director to grow the business and attain greater profitability in this highly competitive sector.
The company is ISO certified and the selected candidate will be expected to have strong marketing, financial and general management skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The purpose of this position is to drive the company to realize its mission and vision through the development and implementation of the company's strategic plan.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing an efficient and profitable operation and ensuring high return on investment to shareholders;
- Formulating and overseeing the implementation of major corporate policies
- Developing and maintaining a robust and conducive work environment for attracting, retaining and motivating employees;
- Providing technical support and advice on strategic directions to the company and inspirational leadership to the staff for increased profitability
- Ensuring the protection and growth of the company's assets and undertaking effective supervision of day to day operations of the company
- Directing and coordinating the company's operations and overall administration so as to ensure that the various units of the company operate in conformity with overall performance targets and ensuring compliance with sector regulations.
We invite applications from persons who have adequate practical, and relevant knowledge and experience gained in highly competitive trading, marketing, supply and distribution business in addition to the following qualifications:
- University degree from a recognized University;
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Engineering
- 15 years experience at senior management level in a commercial business environment of which at least 6 years should preferably be in the petroleum sector;
- Good knowledge of ethics, governance and operation of boards and management teams;
- High proficiency in ICT with ability to use this in improving business operations;
- Candidates should show an excellent track record of inspirational leadership and ability to put together, motivate and develop a cohesive management team and an efficient workforce;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with ability to lead a dynamic team;
- Candidates should be result oriented, energetic and self driven with impeccable integrity and honesty;
- International business exposure/experience and working in an ISO certified environment.
Send your application and CV with copies of your certificates, testimonials and 3 business related referees by hand, email (CV only), courier or post so as to reach us by 22nd September 2010
Hawkins Associates Ltd.
Human Resources Consultants 215,
Muthangari Rd, Lavington
P.O.Box 30684, 00100