Program Officer -UJANA Project (1 Posts): Dar es Salaam
The Program Officer will contribute to the revision of UJANA strategies and development of annual work plans for building knowledge and skills of youth, improving social and community support for youth HIV prevention, and improving the quality and coordination of youth - focused HIV prevention programming. Furthermore, he/she will support UJANA partners in implementing their strategies for reducing youth HIV risks.
• Coordinating implementing partners support teams.
• Monitoring progress of assigned implementing partners/strategic partners and lor technical assistance partners towards Ujana objectives.
• Coordinating regular monitoring and technical assistance visits to implementing partners.
• Identifying capacity building needs and organizing/participating in facilitation of training for implementing partners, other partners in technical areas and Ujana Staff.
• Participating in proposal solicitation, reviewing and the approval process.
• Participating in development of annual Ujana work plans and preparation of reports.
• Ensuring fulfillment of contracts, grants and finance requirements for assigned implementing partners/strategic partners /technical assistant partners
• Identifying potential implementing or technical assistance partners.
• Documenting, sharing achievements, challenges & successes
• University degree or Advanced Diploma in social/health sciences or related field.
• 3-5 years experience working in RH/HIV/AIDS, including experience in HIV prevention at management and/or supervisory level.
• Expertise in one or more of the following areas: peer education, participatory theatre, gender issues, organizational development, BCC, or other youth-related programming
• Ability to travel approximately 35 percent of the time.
• Strong working knowledge of computer programs
• Strong writing and analytical skills.
• Fluent in English and Swahili languages.-
• Strong interpersonal, listening, negotiation, communication & coaching skills
• Ability to function in a team environment that includes youth in all program elements.
• Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards. I.
Interested candidates should send Application letters, Photocopies of Academic Certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae (with three references including addresses, telephone numbers and e mail addresses) to:
Attention: Human Resources Department, r Family Health International P.O.Box 78082 Dar es Salaam
And/Or Email to tz-recruitment @ fhi.org
To be delivered at FHI offices before 16.00 hours on Friday, September 3, 2010
Please note that phone calls will not be entertained.