Our client is a leading global Telecommunications Group of companies with market presence in over 19 countries world wide. With ambitious plans to upgrade and expand their network in Uganda, the company is looking to fill the position of Head of Sales and Distribution to oversee the implementation of the Group’s Sales strategy in Uganda.
Reporting to Managing Director, the Head of Sales and Distribution will manage the implementation and execution of Company’s sales strategy and align local operation goals with the Group’s objectives. The Manager will ensure maximized revenue growth of company products and services through management of local sales force and support. He/ she will also develop plans and strategies with regard to sales quota, sales commission, new business opportunities, and the maintenance of customer satisfaction.
- Manage the implementation and execution of Company’s sales strategy and align local operation goals with Group’s objectives.
- Define and execute sales strategies/plans ensuring revenue growth and that sales plans are consistent with Group’s goals and objectives.
- Provide strategic sales leadership ensuring profitable revenue growth and increased market share.
- Understand and translate business goals into strategic sales initiatives.
- Direct local sales activities to maximize sales revenues, sustainable sales growth and meet the Company objectives.
- Accurately forecast annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams and set performance goals accordingly.
- Track progress monthly and quarterly against operational targets, ensuring financial performance so that sales revenue, costs and other targets are achieved.
- Develop specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all company’s products and services.
- Develop an effective sales organization through coaching and liaison with organizational resources.
- Assess sales staff performance and productivity making necessary improvements.
- Oversee the development and implementation of sales processes, tools and capabilities.
- Work closely with and support business partners/distributors to meet or exceed sales & growth targets.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with distribution channels.
- Direct sales support activities to ensure efficient usage of company resources.
- Work closely with product development functions in creating product specifications, changes and enhancements.
- Liaise with other departments to review and improve processes that contribute to an efficient and effective sales and customer services organization.
- Develop strong relationships with business forums and regulators alike, in order to raise Company’s profile within external environment
- Business related Degree
- Professional training in Sales
- At least 7 proven successful years in Sales with a combination of direct and indirect (distributors) market approach in the Telecommunications Industry or FMCG environment
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Sales management
- Solid knowledge of Channel and Direct Sales
- Customer focused
- Culturally aware and adept at working across multiple geographies
- Good command of the English language; ability to communicate in French is an advantage
- Strong analytical and strategic skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Staff management skills
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Friday 21st January 2011.
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.