Education Development Center
Southern Sudan Interactive Radio Instruction (SSIRI) Program
Off Airport Road, Hai Tong Ping
Beside Human Rights Office, opposite USAID Compound
Juba, Southern Sudan
Vacancy – Logistics Officer
EDC is seeking a Sudanese national to fill the position of Logistics Officer, based in Juba. Qualified women are encouraged to apply. The Southern Sudan Interactive Radio Instruction (SSIRI) Project is part of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, Department of Alternative Education Systems. SSIRI develops and broadcasts radio programs to improve education throughout Southern Sudan and the Three Areas. The major programs are The Learning Village for primary schools, Learning English programs, and Professional Studies for Teacher. SSIRI is administered by the Education Development Center (EDC) and funded by USAID.
Facilitates the receipt, storage, transport, and distribution of all equipment and program materials (radios, Teacher Guides, etc.), arranges the travel and transportation of staff members in Sudan, supervises SSIRI drivers, responsible for the care and maintenance of all SSIRI motor vehicles and motorbikes, maintains accurate inventory records and schedules of distribution of equipment and training materials, provides logistical support for the implementation of training workshops in Juba and at field sites, and responsible for the care and maintenance of the SSIRI office compound.
- Sudanese national; qualified women are encouraged to apply.
- Degree or diploma in relevant field preferably logistics, administration, or equivalent.
- 5 years relevant administrative and logistics experience in Southern Sudan.
- Strong supervisory experience and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the use of IT equipment; skills and experience in developing and maintaining electronic spreadsheets and databases.
- Fluency and good drafting ability in English; speaking and writing Arabic is also desired.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively in Southern Sudan.
Application and Contact Details
Qualified candidates should submit resume with five work-related references to email@example.com. To ensure the timely review of your credentials, please insert “Logistics Officer” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants; only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.