Ireland has been providing development assistance to Tanzania since 1979, and the present country strategy focuses assistance in the areas of general budget support, agriculture, health and governance.
This year Ireland’s direct bilateral assistance to Tanzania will be approx €30 million, of which around one third is general budget support (GBS).
The Economic Advisor will be required to provide technical and analytical support to the Embassy on the general budget support programme, including public financial management, and provide economic support and analysis to the other focal areas of health, agriculture and governance. The individual would join a team of six advisors.
The economist must have:
- a Master’s level education or equivalent in economics with experience working as an Economist;
- knowledge of public financial management, public expenditure reviews, fiscal decentralisation and budget support processes;
- knowledge and experience of Tanzania and how the budget works from within the government will be an added advantage, and
- excellent liaison and communication skills.
The Administrative Assistant shall report to the Head of Administration and shall be responsible for carrying out administrative duties mainly procurement, secretarial and other support as required at the Embassy.
S/he shall also provide support for the provision of day-to-day information technology requirements of the Embassy.
The Administrative Assistant must have:
- a recognised Bachelor Degree in Public/Business Administration;
- training and experience in administration and information technology;
- at least three years experience of progressively responsible clerical administrative work;
- excellent communication and networking skills, sound judgement and the ability to extract, interpret and present information and data, and
- excellent computer skills.
The Embassy will offer a comprehensive local salary reflecting the responsibilities of the posts and the successful applicants’ skills and experience.
An initial three year contract will be offered, subject to successful completion of a six month probation period.
The post will be based in the Embassy of Ireland, Dar es Salaam, but successful candidates may also be required to undertake some in-country and international travel.
Please send a cover letter and CV to Embassy of Ireland, PO Box 9612, Dar es Salaam or by email to Rita.Bowen @ dfa.ie not later than 17 February 2010 for the Economic Advisor position and to Deusdedith.Magala @ dfa.ie by 05 February 2010 for the Administrative Assistant position.
Detailed job descriptions for Economic Advisor and Administrative Assistant posts are available on request from Ms. Rita Bowen and Mr. Deusdedith Magala respectively.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Canvassing will disqualify.
The Embassy of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.